SOAL UTS MULOK AP KELAS X




A.    FILL IN THE BLANKS WITH SUITABLE EXPRESSIONS
1.    Secretary :    Hello, Human Resource Department. ….?
Jennifer    :    Yes, I would like to speak to Mr. Jason Robert, please.
2.    Caller       :    Can I speak to Rosalind Wilson, please?
Secretary  :    …., please?
Caller       :    It’s Richard Davies here.
3.    Secretary  :    I’m sorry, Mr. Hibberd is in a meeting right now. ….?
Caller       :    Actually, would you mind to tell him to call me back?
Secretary  :    Sure. ….?
Caller       :    It’s 5558723

B.     ANSWER THE QUESTIONS BASED ON THE CONVERSATION
Michelle    : Mr. Hibberd’s office!
Peter          : Hello, can I speak to Brian Hibberd, please?
Michelle    : I am afraid he’s in a meeting until lunchtime. Can I take a message?
Peter          : Well, I’d like to arrange an appointment to see him, please. It’s Peter Jefferson                                here.
Michelle    : Could you hold on for a minute, Mr. Jefferson. I’ll just look in the diary. So                                   when’s convenient for you?
Peter          : Some time next week if possible. I gather he’s away the following week.
Michelle    : Yes, that’s right. He’s on holiday for a fortnight.
Peter          : Well, I need to see him before he goes away. So would next Wednesday be                                   okay?
Michelle    : Wednesday... let me see… he’s out of the office all morning. But he’s free in the                           afternoon, afternoon, after about three.
Peter          : Three o’clock is difficult. But I could make it after four.
Michelle    : So shall we say 4.15 next Wednesday, in Mr. Hibberd’s office?
Peter          : Yes, that sounds fine. Thanks very much.
Michelle    : Okay, then. Bye.

1.      Where is Mr. Hibberd now?
2.      Why does Peter Jefferson call?
3.      Can Peter come to Mr. Hibberd’s office at 3?
4.      When will they meet?

C.    MAKE A TELEPHONE CONVERSATIONBASED ON THE FOLLOWING SITUATION
Claire called Mr. George Weasley. However he is away at the moment. You leave a message for him.
D.    ANSWER THE QUESTIONS BASED ON THE FOLLOWING LETTER
May 28, 2010

THE HUMAN RESOURCES & ADMINISTRATION HEAD
Inara Lightings, Ltd.
Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirates

Dear Sir or Madam:
I am writing to explore the possibility of employment as Document Controller in your reputable firm. I am a Computer Science graduate of the University of the Philippines, Diliman, Quezon City. I bring with me several years of experience as information systems analyst of leading companies that include Nissan Motor Philippines, Inc.

My strong computer skills, knowledge of modern word processing software, and project management tools are but some of the things that make me an asset to your company.

Attached is my resume for your perusal. If you need any further information, I can be reached at 632-555-1234 (during regular business hours), or at 632-555-6789 (during regular business hours).

Sincerely,
RINI ROSYIDAH

                     1.            Why does she write the letter?
                    2.            Where did she work before?
                    3.            What position does she apply for?
                    4.            What skills does she have?
                    5.            What are the synonym of the following words:
a.      Need
b.      Perusal



Comments