LATIHAN SOAL UAS KELAS XI KURTILAS

A. Answer these questions correctly by crossing a, b, c, or d!
        1.            Mitha               :. to the zoo.
Fitri                 : yes, let’s go.
a. how about               c. let’s go
b. what about              d. would you
        2.            Mother             : Why don’t you taking a bath before going out?
Febri               : alright, .....
a. I will            c. let’s
b. I can                        d. yes please
        3.            July      : How about going to Qonita’s home  first and then to the supermarket?
Indah   : No, let’s just go to the supermarket.
What does Indah mean ?
a.    Making suggestion                         c. Accepting suggestion
b.    Declining suggestion                      d. Making offers
        4.            Kinar   : I am so hungry.
Ahdan  : ..... like something to eat?
a.  Why don’t              c.  Can I
b.  Would you             d.  Shall I
        5.            What does Ahdan do in number 4?
a.    Making suggestion                         c. Accepting suggestion
b.    Declining suggestion                      d. Making offers
        6.            Haikal : If you like, I’ll wash the dishes for you.
Mother : ...... I will do it my self.
a.  No, thanks.             c.  Yes please
b.  It’s okay.                d.  Thankyou
“What does she want now?” said the fish. “I am truly ashamed of my wife's
greed but I can't do anything. She wants to be lord of the sun and the moon.
“Go home,” said the fish, “To your small hut.” And it is said that they live there
to this very day.
(Adapted from Grimm Brothers, 1812. “The fisherman and his wife”)
        7.            What does the underlined word “she”refer to?
a. the fisherman                       c. the fish
b. the fisherman’s wife           d. the lord      
        8.            Father             : What lesson did you learn from the story above?  
Son      : I think it is extremely important to be grateful to others and especially to                                          God Almighty.
What is the synonim of the italian word “grateful”?
a. greedy= tamak                    c. Respect =hormat
b. proud= bangga                    d. thankful    =bersyukur/ berterimakasih
        9.            Which is the thing you are not grateful for?
a.       I have the chance to study here
b.      I have the chance to learn English at school
c.       I have the chance to complain
d.      I have the chance to play everyday

Geofani : Friends, let’s start to discuss where we are going to go this weekend. So, who can come up with the first idea?
Sandy : What about Indrayanti beach? It’s one of the beautiful beaches we can visit.
Geofani : Well, Is there anyone who has another idea?
Rahma : Uhhm, I’m sorry to  10.....  with that idea. I think we should think of something else. Well, how about going to Lombok?
Haidar : No way! I don’t have enough money to go to Lombok.
Sandy            : Haidar is right. It’s really costly to pick Lombok as an option.
Geofani : Well, are there any other ideas? How about Kebun Raya Bogor?
Aini    : That’s a good idea. I really want to go there.
Yovan  : That’s true, 11 ...... Seeing great trees and plants must be exciting. Kebun Raya bogor is like a great jungle in the middle of town.
Haidar : I think What Geofani said is right. Kebun Raya Bogor is the best place to visit during our class vacation.
Geofani : Okay, friends. To save the time , now let’s  decide to go to Kebun Raya Bogor. Thank you.

Choose  the  right opinion to fill in no. 10 and 11!
     10.      a. think                                    b. disagree       c. agree            d. believe
     11.            a. I don’t think                        b. I disagree    c.  I agree        d. I don’t agree
     12.            Who does reckon  Kuta beach?
a. Sandy                      b. Rahma         c.  Geofani      d. Haidar
     13.            Who does strongly refuse to go to Lombok ?
a. Sandy                      b. Rahma         c.  Geofani      d. Haidar
     14.            These are the expressions used to agree with an opinion based on the dialog above, EXCEPT....
a. I’m sorry to disagree with that idea                                   
b. That’s a good idea
c. That’s true
d. I think what Gofani said is right

Opinion
About
Eventhough the cover didn’t look interesting, the story is very great.
15.........
I think the noodle was too salty
16..........
I think I will never come here again. The service was bad. Besides, it’s very expensive to stay here.

17..........
   Match the category in the box with the opinions given in the table above.
     15.            a. library                      b. book            c.  dictionary               d. movie
     16.            a. movie                       b. museum       c.  library                     d. restaurant
     17.            a. hotel                                    b. book            c.  dictionary               d. movie
Riri :18 ........ I will be good in Japanese so that I can commnicate with people from Japan.
Ima : I agree, I have the same reason.I hope I will be good in Japaneses so that I can make friends with people from there.
Isma : as for me, 19 ....... more confident when I study in Japan.
     18.            a. I hope that               b. I hope not to           c. I hope to                  d. I hope to be
     19.            a. I hope that               b. I hope not to           c. I hope to                  d. I hope to be
     20.            Hope I will do able something useful my family.
 The correct sentence is .....
a. I hope I will do able something useful for my family.
b. I hope I will be able do something usefulfor my family.
c. I hope I will be able to do something useful my family.
d. I hope I will be able to do something useful for my family.
     21.            Teacher           :  What are your goals for next  year?
Fadli                :  I hope I will be able to study harder in my study. Anyway, I try ......
a. my best this year                     c.  be more helpful           
b.
my dreams for better              d.  be fluent in English

     22.            Fara        : I hope that ............
hani    
   : Why do you choose this hope?
Fara       : I choose this hope because sometimes I get up late and it messes everything.
a. I will never lie                                 c. I will follow all the school rules       
b.
I will fulfill all my dreams              d. I will get up early everyday
     23.            Which sentence could be your hope?
a.   
I hope to be hungry              c. I hope to be harsh and impolite          
b.   
I hope to be more helpful      d.  I hope to hurt everyone
     24.            Which sentence COULD NOT be your hope?
a.   
I hope not to be hungry                                 c. I hope to be careless         
b.   
I hope not to envy my close friend               d.  I hope not to hurt anyone
     25.            These could be your dreams and hopes for your family EXCEPT .....
a.   
I hope I will make my dreams come true                                
b.   
I hope I will make my parents proud of me
c.    I hope I will never lie
d.    I hope we can change the world to be better           

Give the best answer to the following congratulating messages (no 26, 27, 28)
     26.            Nayla  : Fantastic! .......... on getting the first rank.
Abil     : Thanks! I still can’t believe it. I have been dreaming about it for a long time.
a.
Congratulations                   c. Awesome
b.
Marvelous                           d. Great
     27.            Yudi    : Great! You did it. Your hard work paid at last.
Yuni    :
It was nothing special. ...... !
a.  
proud          b. happy          c.great                         d. thanks

Monsier loisel : You make any dress come to life, my dear. How ravishing you look!
Madame loisel: But I’ll be disgraced!
Monsier loisel: Disgraced?What can you possibly mean? You will be the most beatiful there!
Madame loisel:You just don’t understand! It’s so annoying! I don’t have a single piece of jewelry to wear with my gown.
     28.            What kind of person is Madame loisel seen from the dialog?
a. patient=sabar           b. Helpful=penolong   c. Unsatisfied=tidak bersyukur d. grateful
     29.            What did Madame loisel want?
a. jewelry         b.  luxury         c. poverty                    d. party
     30.            Why do you think they didn’t tell  Madame Forestier that they had lost the necklace?
a. she was unhappy                 c. she was sad
b. she was afraid                     d. she was a woman of great pride
     31.            What did Madame loisel do to replace the necklace?
a. They said sorry to Madame forestier
b. They worked hard for ten years of manual labors
c. They went away out of town
d. They sold out their everything
     32.            How did Monsieur loisel feel?
a. he gave solution                  c. he was sad
b. he was angry                       d. he left his wife

Sila                  : Mr.Bagus, I would like to invite you to the opening of my company.
Mr. Bagus       : When and where?
Sila                  : This Sunday at 10 a.m
Mr. Bagus       : I am afraid I won’t be able to come. I have prior engagement. 
     33.            What kind of invitation is it?
a. invitation to a wedding
b. invitation to graduation ceremony
c. invitation to the grand opening of company
d. invitation to the  grand opening of a new office
     34.            Who gives the invitation?
a. Mr. Bagus                c. Mrs. Sila
b. Mr. Budi                 d. Mr. Company

     35.            What does Mr. Bagus mean?
a. Making invitation                            c. Declining invitation
b. Giving invitation                             d. Accepting invitation

Hermin            : Would you like to go dinner with me tonight?
Rena                : Thank you. I’d love to. Would you like me to bring something?
Hermin            : No, nothing, just come.
Rena                : Ok, what time?
Hermin            : At 8 p.m
Rena                : Ok, see you then.

     36.            What does Rena do?
a. Making invitation                            c. Declining invitation
b. Giving invitation                             d. Accepting invitation
     37.            What time does the invitation?
a. dinner          b.  tonight        c. nothing        d. at 8 p.m
Mr and Mrs. Sudiro
Cordially request the pleasure of your company on the wedding party of our daughter
Arina with ALIANDO
On Tuesday, the eleventh of January
At ten o’clock in
Gedung Wanita
Jl Mayjen S. Parman
Pekalongan


 






     38.            What kind of invitation is it?
a. graduation ceremony                       c. wedding party
b. wedding anniversary                       d. birthday party
     39.            At what time did the party begin ?
a. at ten o’clock                                   c. on Monday
b. gedung kartini                                 d. Yogjakarta
     40.            Who is the host?
a. Mr. and Mrs. Sudiro                        c. Arina and Adan
b. Mr. and Mrs. Subarjo                      d. Mayjen S. Parman

B. Answer these questions below correctly !

     41.  Is it good to be greedy? Give some reasons to support your answer!
     42.  List the things you are grateful for in this life in four sentences!
     43.  What do you think is the most heated or most talked issue in the media these days? Then give your opinion on that isssue!
     44. Write three hopes and dreams for the world, for your country and for yourself!
     45.  Are you always honest? Do you ever lie or have you ever lied? What is better, to be honest or to lie? Give the reasons!
     46.Make an opinion about the topic bellow:
a. Woman should not work                    b. smoking is forbidden in public places
     47.Do you like your life? Why or why not? Give 3 reasons!
     48.Do you think it is important to have faith!




Comments