LATIHAN SOAL UAS XI

I.         Choose the correct answer, A, B, C, or D for each number!

1.      Mina  : Does he work in a hospital?
      Muna : ... He is a pediatrician.
A.    No, he don’t
B.     Yes, he do
C.     No, he doesn’t
D.    Yes, he does
2.      Alya   : Who has to give the next, performance?
Jane    : I am next,...?
A.    Am I?
B.     Am not I?
C.     Do I?
D.    Aren’t I?


3.      Your father is a farmer, ...?
A.    Isn’t he?
B.     are he?
C.     Does he?
D.    Doesn’t they?
4.      Manager    : ... did you graduate from?
Applicant  : I graduated from Semarang State University.
A.    Why
B.     Where
C.     What
D.    Who
5.      Receptionist  : ....do you stay in this hotel?
Guest             : For November 21 to 23.
A.    How long
B.     When will
C.     What does
D.    How much
6.      Ryan  :   Amel, ... ?
      Amel :  I like travelling and reading.
A.      What are you doing?
B.      What do you like to read?
C.      What are your hobbies?
D.      What do you usually do?

7.      Dias   :   What is your hobby?
      Faisal :    I like.... because I want to be a professional goal keeper like Oliver Kahn.
A.      Fishing
B.      Dancing
C.      Travelling
D.      Playing Football

8.      Receptionist  :       Good Morning, Jayadipa Hotel. ....?
      Caller             :       I want to reserve a single room for tomorrow please.
A.    I’m speaking
B.    Who are you?
C.    Can I help you?
D.    Can you help me?
9.      Caller : Hello,...?
      Rayi   : I’m sorry, he is out. Could you call back at four?
      Caller : All right. Thank you.
A.    Can I speak to Mr. Ardian, please?
B.     Would you like to call him again?
C.     Can I take a message from you?
D.    Do you know is he?
10.  Arrange these words into a good sentence!
Is – strong – to – box – he – enough – lift
A.      He is enough strong to lift the box
B.      He is strong enough to lift the box
C.      The box is strong enough to he lift
D.      He lift enough box to is strong

11.  Combine these sentences into a good sentence!
       They were frightened. They didn’t stay in that old building.
A.      They were frightened enough to stay in that old building.
B.      They were enough frightened to stay in that old building.
C.      They were too frightened for stay in that old building.
D.      They were too frightened to stay in that old building.


12.  Silvia  : Good morning. Exacta Corporationn. Can I help you?
Caller  : Good morning. May I speak to Mr. Farhan Assegaf, please?
Silvia  : ....?
Caller  : This is Arfianda of Toyota Corporation.
A.      Who’s speaking, please?
B.      May I know you?
C.      Could I take a message?
D.      Tell him to check back.

13.  Hasyim      : Kamilia, where is your mother?
Kamilia      : ...is in the hospital.
A.      You
B.      She
C.      He
D.      I
14.  The students are playing football in the yard. ... look so happy.
A.      Them
B.      They
C.      Their
D.      He

15.  Lily is very beautiful. ... hair is long.
A.      Hers
B.      She
C.      Her
D.      He

16.  Andi said, “I will go to Ari’s house.”
      Andi said that ....
A.      He will go to Ari’s house.
B.      He will went to Ari’s house.
C.      He would go to Ari’s house.
D.      He would went to Ari’s house.
     
17.  Arnold             : Isma, I saw you in the supermarket yesterday.
      Isma                 : Really....?
      Isma (to Riska)     : Riska, Arnold said that....me in the supermarket the day before.
A.    He would saw
B.     He had seen
C.     He will see
D.    He seen
18.  Anna said, “I go to my grandmother’s house.”
      Anna said that ....
A.      She went to her grandmother’s house.
B.      She goes to her grandmother’s house.
C.      He went to his grandmother’s house.
D.      He goes to his grandmother’s house.

19.  The employee candidate ...  will be accepted should have enough experience in related
field.
a.     who                
b.     whom                         
c.     which
d.     whose


20.  Faisal         : Will you go fishing with me this afternoon?
Syamil       : I’m afraid. I can’t. My fishhook.... I brought last week is broken.
A.      Who
B.      Whose
C.      Whom
D.      Which
21.  X   : What is your job?
Y  : I’m a.... I teach the students at school.
A.      Nurse
B.      Doctor
C.      Farmer
D.      Teacher


Questions 22 to 26 are error recognition. Choose the word or phrase that is incorrect.

22.  Receptionist          :  I have your name, please?
The man                : Yes, SMITH. I am JOHN SMITH.
Receptionist          : Would you  that?
The man                : JOHN SMITH. J-O-H-N S-M-I-T-H
Receptionist          : OK,  very much.

23.  X   : Do you know the girl  ?
Y  : That’s the girl  will manage this.

24.  She never comes late to her office and never leave before 4pm.
    A       B                 C                                D

25.  My father take me to a show, bought some tickets and went to the Ferris wheel last
A                                 B                                 C                                   D
Sunday.

26.  I will start my carreer right after I graduated from this school next year.
     A                                B           C                                     D          


Text for 27-29
The profits for the WU Company more than doubled in the fourth quarter over profits level of a year ago. This is due to lower operating and administrative expenses. The electronic stores chain earned 42.6 million, compared with 21.1 million in the fourth quarter of last year. Total profit for the year is 122.8 million, compared with 48.5 million last year.

27.  The profits for the WU Company in this year is....
A.      Stayed the same
B.      Decreased by half of the profits a year ago.
C.      Increased by twice as much as the profits level last year.
D.      more than doubled in the fourth quarter over profits level of a year ago

28.  The change is due to....
A.      higher number of costumers
B.      lower of operating costs
C.      new and better product
D.      more expenses product 

29.  What kind of business does the WU Company has?
A.      business supplies
B.      Manufacturing
C.      storage and shipping
D.      retail electronics

Text for number 30-32
Lincoln is a public relations officer in an oil company in Jakarta. She started working there after graduated from his college last year. Now, he is very busy with his activities as a PR officer. He works five days a week. He starts his job at night and finishes at five. He performs energetically and tidily. It seems that she always keeps his performance well. He always completes all works assigned to him.

30.  What is the main idea of this paragraph?
A.    Telling about Lincoln’s job as PR officer in an oil company.
B.     Tells about his activities after graduated  from a college
C.     Activities as PR officer in an oil company
D.    Telling about Lincoln’s day
31.  When did Lincoln finish his college?
A.    The year
B.     Last year
C.     Time of graduate
D.    After finished the college
32.  Does Lincoln complete all works and keep his performance well?
A.    Yes, he does
B.     Yes, his well
C.     No, him keeps yet
D.    No, he complete yet
Read the text and complete the Curriculum Vitae
My name is Nadia Chandrawinata. I was born in Pekalongan in June 14th, 1994. When I was child, I lived in Karangdadap, Pekalongan with my grandmother. But, now I move to Kebon Jeruk, Jakarta. I graduated from SMP 1 Karangdadap in 2009, then I studied in SMK 1 Karangdadap. I graduated a year ago. Now, I’m still studying in Indonesian University majoring in the Faculty of Economy.
        Curriculum Vitae

Name                        :  Nadia Chandrawinata
Place, date of birth   :  33. ....
Address                    :  34. ....
Education
2009 – 2012 : 35. ....


33.  A. Jakarta, June 14th ,1980
B. Pekalongan, June 11th, 1995
C. Pekalongan, June 14th, 1994
D. Pekalongan, July 14th, 1994

34.  A. Karangdadap, Pekalongan.
B. Kebon Jeruk, Pekalongan.
C. Karangdadap, Jakarta.
D. Kebon Jeruk, Jakarta.

35.  A. SMK Pekalongan
B. SMK Karangdadap
C. SMP 1 Karangdadap
D. Indonesian University

36.  Will  – She – at – work – office – the – evening – this
Arrange these words into correct answer!

A.    She working at the office will the evening
B.     Will she work this evening at the office?
C.     This evening she work will at the office
D.    She will work at the office this evening
37.  to – finish – report – the – tonight –going - they – are
Arrange these words into correct answer!

A.    They are going to finish the report tonight
B.     Are they going the report to finish tonight
C.     They going are to finish the report tonight
D.    The report going are to finish they tonight

Text for number 38-40

5 November 2012
Dear Malika,
I went to Bandung last week with Rossa and Salsabila. I caught a train from Pekalongan Station. The journey was very good and very comfortable. I left Bandung at 10 o’clock and arrived at the train station at midnight. I had dinner on the train and a few drinks. I also watched the scenery, but it was dark. So, I read a book until I got sleepy because I was so tired.
Regards,
Diana

38.  Who writes the letter?
A.      Malika
B.      Diana
C.      Rossa
D.      Salsabila.

39.  Where did Diana go?
A.      She went to Pekalongan
B.      She goes to Bandung
C.      She went to Bandung
D.      She go to Bandung

40.  How did Diana go to Bandung?
A.      By bus
B.      By ship
C.      By train
D.      By plane

II.      Write the correct answer!
1.      Write three sentences which contain Simple Present Tense and Simple Future Tense!
2.      Write your curriculum vitae which contain your name, place and date of birth, religion, nationality, address, phone number, and your educational background from elementary school until Senior High School!
3.      Change the sentence into indirect speech!
Dila said, “I went to my boyfriend’s house last week.”
Dila said that....
4.      Arrange these words into a good sentence!
Bought – I – some – Sunday – last – books
5.      Choose the correct pronoun!
We have a big classroom. (We, our, ours) classroom is very clean.


Comments