LATIHAN UAS KELAS XI SMK

LATIHAN SOAL

INCOMPLETE DIALOG
Questions 1 to 20 are incomplete dialogue. Choose the appropriate option to complete the dialogue.

1.      Ani    : Does he like fishing?
      Dandi        : ... He likes going fishing in Kulu Asri.
A.    No, he doesn’t
B.     No, he don’t
C.     Yes, he does
D.    Yes, he do
2.      Anto  : Who will come next?
Jamal  : I am next,...?
A.    Am I?
B.     Do I?
C.     Am not I?
D.    Aren’t I?
3.      Mimi  :   Your father is a doctor, ….?
Heri   :    Yes, he is.
A.    Doesn’t he?
B.     Does he?
C.     Isn’t he?
D.    are he?
4.      Manager    : ... did you graduate from?
Applicant  : I graduated from SMKN 1 Karangadadap.
A.    Where
B.     What
C.     Who
D.    Why


5.      Dita    : .... will she come back?
Father : She will come back next Monday.
A.    When
B.     What
C.     How
D.    Why
6.      Rana :   Susi, ... ?
      Susi   :  I like fishing and watching movie.
A.      What are you doing?
B.      What are your hobbies?
C.      What do you usually do?
D.      What do you like to read?

7.      Hanif     :       What is your hobby?
      Faisol    :     I like.... because I want to have a high salary like Ronaldo.
A.      Playing Football
B.      Travelling
C.      Dancing
D.      Fishing




8.      Clerk              :       ….?
      Caller             :       I need a double room for October 20.
A.    Can I help you?
B.     What do you want?
C.     What do you like to do?
D.    What kind of room do you need?

9.      Receptionist  :       Good Morning, Super Sambal Restaurant. Can I help you?
      Caller             :       ....
A.    I want to reserve a ticket
B.    I want to reserve a room
C.    I want to reserve a table
D.    I want to reserve a seat
10.  Caller : Hello,...?
      Rani   : I’m sorry, he is out for lunch. Could you call back later?
      Caller : All right. Thank you.
A.    Can I speak to Mr. Andi, please?
B.     Would you like to call her again?
C.     Can I take a message from you?
D.    Do you know him?
11.  Combine the sentences using enough!
Father is strong. He can lift the box.
A.      Father is enough strong to lift the box
B.      Father is strong enough to lift the box
C.      The box is strong enough to father lift
D.      Father lift enough the box to is strong

12.  Combine these sentences using too!
       The milk is hot. We can’t drink it.
A.      The milk is hot too drink to.
B.      The drink is too hot to milk.
C.      The milk is too hot to drink.
D.      The hot is too drink to milk.

13.  Secretary   : Good morning. Toyota Corporationn. Can I help you?
Caller         : Good morning. May I speak to Mr. Chandra, please?
Secretary    : ....?
Caller         : This is Usagi Hikaru of Suzuki Corporation.
A.      May I know you?
B.      Tell him to check back.
C.      Could I take a message?
D.      Who’s speaking, please?

14.  Alel           : Mella, where is your mother?
Melli          : ...is in the market.
A.      You
B.      She
C.      He
D.      I
15.  Bebi           : Do you really love …?
Tomy         : Yes, I do love you.
A.    I
B.     My
C.     Me
D.    Mine

16.  Gea    :   Which one is Sisi?
Jono   :       Sisi is the girl who sits in the corner. She has black eyes and ... hair is long.
A.      Hers
B.      She
C.      Her
D.      He

17.  Dono said, “I will go to Dodi’s house.”
      Dono said that ....
A.      He will go to Dodi’s house.
B.      He will went to Dodi’s house.
C.      He would go to Dodi’s house.
D.      He would went to Dodi’s house.
     
18.  Patrick said, ”I want to go work today.”
      Patrick said that….
A.    He wanted to go to work that day.
B.     He wants to go to work that day.
C.     He wanted to go to work today.
D.    He wants to go to work today.

19.  The woman … wears blue skirt is my sister.
a.     who                
b.     whom                         
c.     which
d.     whose

20.  Mail           : Will you play tennis with me this afternoon?
Mei-mei     : I’m afraid I can’t. My racket.... I brought last month is broken.
A.      Who
B.      Whose
C.      Whom
D.      Which


ERROR RECOGNITION
Questions 21 to 25 are error recognition. Choose the word or phrase that is incorrect.

21.  Liam          :  do you  to Surabaya next Sunday?
Milley        : I  go to Surabaya by .
22.  Receptionist          :  I have your name, please?
The woman           : Yes, Swan. Bella Swan
Receptionist          : Would you  that ?
The woman           : Bella Swan.
Receptionist          : OK,  very much.

23.  Upin          : Do you know the man   ?
Ipin            : That’s the man  will manage this .
24.  Mr. Jay                  : What time  you  jogging?
Patrick                   :   I  working at 8 a.m. .

25.  Ross          : What  you  last holiday?
Mia            : I  to the swimming pool and  there.


READING COMPREHENSION
Questions 26 to 28 based on the following text.
The 2009 edition of heart attack Facts & Figures provides the estimated numbers of new heart attack cases and deaths in 2009 as well as heart attack incidence, mortality, and survival statistics and information on heart attack symptoms, risk factors, early detection, and treatment. About 1,479,350 new heart attack cases were expected to be diagnosed in 2009, and in 2009 about 562,340 Americans were projected to die of heart attack, more than 1,500 people a day. 

26.  What is the text about?
A.      Heart attack cases and deaths in 2009.
B.      Heart attack Facts and Figures in 2009.
C.      Book edition about heart attack in 2009.
D.      American Facts and Figure in 2009.

27.  How many new heart attack cases were expected to be diagnosed in 2009?
A.      1,479,350
B.      562,340
C.      15,000
D.      1,500

28.  The synonym of the word provide is….
A.      Get
B.      Give
C.      Have
D.      Receive



Question 29 to 31 based on the following text.
Mr. Adam is a teacher in SMP 1 Pekalongan. During his spare time, he likes collecting old money and coins. This hobby is called numismatist. Numismatist is called as king’s hobby. Every Saturday, the third week, he goes to Bandung to gather with his numismatist friends. He usually sells his collection or buys a new money or coin. He does this since he was in junior high school. Numismatist is not only a hobby, by doing numismatist he can earn some money because the value of old money is always increasing depends on its condition and age.
 

29.  What is the text about?
A.    Mr. Adam’s money collections
B.     Mr. Adam as a teacher
C.     Mr. Adam’s hobby
D.    SMP 1 Pekalongan
30.  Why does Mr. Adam like numismatist?
A.    Because he always gather with his friend on Sunday.
B.     Because he does it since he was in junior high school.
C.     Because he can earn some money from that hobby.
D.    Because it’s a king’s hobby.
31.  The value of old money is always increasing based on its condition and age.
It refers to….
A.    Hobby
B.     Mr. Adam
C.     Old money
D.    Numismatist
Question 32 to 34 based on the following text.
My name is Fahma Al-Amin. I was born in Batang in June 14th, 1998. When I was child, I lived in Batang with my grandparents. But, now I move to Gresik. I graduated from SDN Proyonanggan 11, then I studied in SMP 1 Gresik. I graduated in 2012. Now, I am still studying in SMAN 1 Gresik. In 2010 I won bronze medal in Asian Physics Olympiad in Taiwan. In 2012, I won a medal in Asian Physics Olympiad in Singapore.
        Curriculum Vitae

Name                        :  Fahma Al-Amin
Place, date of birth   :  32. ....
Address                    :  Gresik
Education
2004 – 2010             : SDN Proyonanggan 11
2010 – 2012             : 33. ....

Achievement
2012                         : 34…..


32.  A. Batang, July 14th ,1994
B. Gresik, June 11th, 1997
C. Gresik, June 14th, 1994
C. Batang, June 14th, 1997

33.  A. SMP 1 Batang
B. SMA 1 Batang
C. SMA 1 Gresik
D. SMP 1 Gresik

34.  A. Silver in Asian Physics Olympiad
B. Medal in Asian Physics Olympiad
C. Bronze in Asian Physics Olympiad
D. Medal in International Physics Olympiad

CLOZE TEST
Questions 35 to 37: complete the following text with the words provided.

Dear Ika,
How are you doing? I hope you are fine. What is your plan this holiday? I’ll (35)… to your city, Denpasar. Will you accompany me to go (36)… some tourist resorts in Bali? I will (37)… a friend to go around the city and enjoy the beautiful scenery there. That’s all for me. See you soon.

Your friend,
Anik


35.   
A.    Going
B.     Went
C.     Gone
D.    Go
36.   
A.    For
B.     On
C.     Of
D.    To
37.   
A.    Need
B.     Needs
C.     Needing
D.    Needed

Questions 38 to 40: complete the following text with the words provided.

5 October 2013
Dear Tribhuana,
I (38)… to Surabaya last week with Dilla and Alfia. I caught a train from Pekalongan Station. The journey was very good and very (39)…. I left Semarang at 11 o’clock and arrived at the train station (40)… midnight. I had dinner on the train and a few drinks. I also watched the scenery, but it was dark. So, I read a book until I got sleepy because I was so tired.
Regards,
Farah

38.   
A.      Gone
B.      Goes
C.      Went
D.      Go

39.   
A.      Comfortable
B.      Comforter
C.      Comfort
D.      Comfy

40.   
A.      At
B.      Of
C.      On
D.      In

I.         Write the correct answer!
1.      Complete the dialog with suitable expression!
Puji       :      What is your hobby?
Era        :      …. Because I want to be like Chef Arnold.

2.      Write your curriculum vitae which contain your name, place and date of birth, religion, nationality, address, phone number, and your educational background from elementary school until Senior High School!
Curriculum Vitae
Name                              :       ……………
Place and Date of Birth  :       …………
Religion                          :       …………
Nationality                      :       ……………
Address                          :       ……………
Phone Number                :       ……………
Education                      
2003 - 2009                    :       …………..
2009 - 2012                    :       ……………
2012 - ….                       :       ……………


3.      Change the sentence into indirect speech!
Yuni said, “I go to school today.”
Yuni said that....
4.      Choose the correct pronoun!
a.       We have a big room. (We, our, ours) room is very clean.
b.      This pen is (me, my, mine).
5.      Change the sentences below into negative and interrogative!
(+)      :           Mila goes to school every day.
(-)       :           …………………………….

(?)       :           ……………………………. 

Comments